The OPTrust Climate Change Symposium being held NOVEMBER 19-20, 2018 in TORONTO offers an opportunity to provide new insights into how to face climate change and thrive in an era of disruption.
Climate change is one of the most significant challenges facing the world today and increasingly complex to navigate. Despite years of debate, a common approach to disclosure or risk assessment has yet to be realized to accurately model and measure the financial implications.
The theme for the Symposium is critical risk and emerging ideas in the transition to a lower carbon future. The agenda will feature in-depth, interactive discussions with prominent investors, leading climate scientists and innovative thought leaders from around the globe to:
- provide context on climate risks shaping the investment landscape
- explore current trends in climate science, and social and policy implications
- understand the increasingly disruptive transition to a lower carbon economy
- leverage technological innovation to invest climate aware
- share strategies to more accurately measure and price risks in the marketplace
- build long-term partnerships for a more sustainable future
Join a group of prominent investors, leading climate scientists and innovative thought leaders from around the globe for insights and conversations on reducing uncertainty and remaining resilient and agile in the face of climate change.
More RSI News
The Society for Risk Analysis (SRA) Council has awarded Dr. Hartnett the 2016 Chauncey Starr Distinguished Young Risk Analyst Award. The Chauncey Starr Distinguished Young…Read News Item
Because there is limited information available concerning the use of psychiatric drugs among the US adult population, Drs Moore and Mattison sought to characterize adult…Read News Item
Following up on the recommendations put forth by the Expert Management Panel on River Flood Mitigation, the Environmental and Safety Management (ESM) and Water Resources (WS)…Read News Item